Thursday, July 24, 2008

Who's going to pay?

I just wanted to share a candid letter from a concerned American:

To our Congress,

This morning I am sitting here with tears in my eyes; because of the things that illegal aliens are getting away with (father and 2 sons killed in San Francisco is the latest I'm aware of).
You may be elected by different districts or states or parties; but you work for MY country and therefore, YOU are responsible for what goes on. I know that the majority of the country agrees with me and I believe it is time that you listen and start doing something quickly about the illegal alien situation that we have in our country. Legal Hispanics are also in agreement. They came here legally; but they too are being by-passed for all kinds of legal benefits.
Funniest thing: One set of our grandchildren have an unusual last name. One started kindergarten last fall. She is very shy. When the 'official in charge' talked to her, she wouldn't answer. So, she's placed in ESL. Hello! We're looking at a blonde haired, blue eyed beauty who just happens to be very shy!! Intellect in the schools, please!
Now, my first suggestion is that every one of hispanic heritage who cannot prove that they are here legally should be put on a plane and taken to the southern tip of Mexico. That will, at least, ensure that it will take awhile for them to work their way back to the U.S.
One of your concerns is, of course, 'What about those darling children that they gave birth to while here in the U.S.?' Very easy answer. Yes, they are citizens of the U.S. But, their parents can take them back to Mexico with them, or they can leave them in the U.S. with responsible, legal residents. Take your pick, parents! You were not invited to come here to have your children.
We are no longer the richest country in the world that can take care of everyone. We are quickly becoming very poor. We are in a recession. Yes, I know you have all these excuses why it's not officially a recession!
If the rulers of our country are not following the rules, how can God bless this country? I believe the Bible states it best: 2 Chronicles 7:14: If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
I trust that you have read this; and, therefore, thank you,

Molalla, Oregon Resident

No comments: